Monday, December 5, 2011

Cain to endorse Gingrich?


I must say that all of these allegations against Herman Cain are a little disturbing. First, sexual harassment. Cain pushed those aside by taking a lie detector test and passed. Now however, he is being accused of having an affair with a friend for 13 years. This gave me pause, however I saw all of this as an attempt by the left to discredit the man. He was making huge gains in the polls and could have given President Obama real trouble, so they assassinate his character. To us on the right, character means a great deal. Honor, integrity and honesty are very important to us all.

Well, whatever it was, it worked. Herman Cain dropped out of the Presidential race and now will be a side liner and probably a new cheerleader for the GOP. (I'd prefer a new GOP that 'truly' stands for the core values that they preach.) Now it transpires that Herman Cain will be announcing today that he will endorse Newt Gingrich for President. I guess Cain is not so small government after all.

Newt Gingrich is intelligent, there is no question. He also is a likeable person and speaks well. However, he is a big government Republican. We cannot deny this or get away from this. And big government is what we need to get away from. Seeing Cain endorse Gingrich like this shows me that I was way off on Cain's character. Cain may want to cut taxes, but he has no problem with a big government. I am glad that Cain dropped out, now it is time for a push for Ron Paul.


*Note: Cain officially endorsed Newt on January 28, 2012*

No comments: